Followers

Wednesday 8 August 2012

PAPERWORK. . . . BLAARGH

I always look forward to the end of the financial year.  The chance to start fresh and anew, the intention to keep organised and up to date in all areas of business, car maintenance, personal development and health.  The nice little 'bonus' to that hits my bank account at the beginning of the month, soon to be depleted before the end of the month. . . . . .  and so it goes.  Somehow, I inevitably get off track rather early in the piece and keeping my cash book up to date is the real thorn in my side.
My system is this: throw every and any receipts into a bowl housed next to our fruit bowl.  Once a week, I clean this bowl out, right up any tax deductions and purchases into my cashbook so that I can be ready to submit my monthly and / or quarterly P&L Report to my business mentor at NEIS.  This is a job I procrastinate on quite a bit. . . . . .  this and the whole social media stuff!  So, the picture above is basically a picture of what I have to do today.  Complete all entries, photocopy and then file all receipts for if and when I ever get audited.  I know I could have a computer cashbook, but I do actually enjoy making the entries and I find it quite relaxing, meditative work - like a sudoku; I enjoy numbers, enjoy putting them in all the right columns and making sure each column adds up the way it should.  Nerdy I know but we all have our idiosyncrasies. . . . .  if this is the worst of mine, it aint half bad I reckon!

No comments:

Post a Comment